ticks and twitches in an 11 year old
I have a child in our church that is 11 years old that is exhibiting the behavior described in this 2003 post. (/forums/ChildBehavior/messages/32622.html) Quote: "My son while in a relaxed state either while riding in the car or relaxing on the floor will jerk his hands and sometimes head as if to be playing something out (a dream) and make very small jerking movements.  When I ask him a question during this, he stops immediately as not to know anything was going on." I have even described it as similar to the movements Joe Cocker would make while singing.

I have discussed the issue with both parents (as I am the children's pastor), but they appear to be so consumed with their own personal issues that they do not seem to think that the behavior is anything to worry about. Over the past 4-6 months the frequency has appeared to increase as has his inability to talk with friends he has known for years. He tells me that he is just "imagining" and "playing" and I don't fear for his physical safety, but am concerned that he is withdrawing and "bottling up" too much.

Is there some available material to read more about the subject? Thank you for any direction you could provide.
Put your question into the Doctor Forum, and I agree the parents should address this as certainly the child does sound as if he has some issues,especially if he is withdawing from friends. The Docor Forum may know of a site for you to get further information, best thing is if you can get the Parents to get him checked out.