Child Behavior Expert Forum
tics
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

tics

I have a 3yr old daughter who has developed a tic of jerking her head. She does this when she is stressed but also when she is playing, watching tv, eating or any other everyday activity. I have an appointment with a ped. nuerologist but when I was speaking with the pediatrician she  mentioned tourettes and just a toddler tic disorder.  I can find a lot of info. on tourettes but not much on any other tic disorder, do you have any suggestions.  My appointment with the nuerologist is in 2 months and thats along time when your a mom.   Thank You
Related Discussions
242606_tn?1243786248
Dear Ms. Elkins,

Childhood tic disorder or transient tic disorder are not uncommon. They are characterized by tics that arise apparently 'out of the blue' and resolve without specialized treatment of any sort. They are not the precursors to any more serious condition.

As you perhaps know, a single motor tic is not sufficient to qualify for a diagnosis of Tourette's Disorder. There must be multiple motor tics and also vocal tic, though the particular behaviors can change over time (and usually do). Tourette's would require treatment via medication, and there are many options, often involving use of more than one medication.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank