twitching and bone cracking
My 8 year old son who is dyspraxic has started to blink alot,twitch his neck until it cracks and crack his ancles.He seems to have got into a habit of doing this and says he can't stop it.Sometimes he just constantly twitches his head ,he seems to do these things more when he is tired or when he is concentrating.He also complains of alot of headaches and backache.Should I be worried or ignore the behavior and see if it stops.
I would like to know more about this. My son is twelve and has been twitching his neck and cracking his bones for several years. Initially he cracked his wrist and ankles. However, he has stopped cracking them and has limited it to his neck.  We have seen his pediatrician, Chiropractor, had an MRI and seen several doctors to no avail. We had him taking calcium supplements believing this would strengthen his bones. We have no explanation for the neck "pains" that he complains about.  He says if he does not move or "crack" his neck it will cause severe stiffness and pain.  It is often distracting to others. It is not a "tick" so to speak. However, I do not believe it to be "normal" and "healthy" behavior. Please let me know what you have found out about your sons condition.  
I'm 28 & dyspraxic, ive known about by condition since i was 7, i have these involuntary twitchs -sometimes in my neck (freaks my gf out). I'm not sure y this happens

does your son, scratch alot? eg thinks something is crawling on his skin or just wants to scratch. Mainily on the face. i dont y i scracth but i need 2

I wish I knew what it was. I have been having involuntary twitches and bone cracking for almost 10 years now. Mine started after I was hit by a car. No doctor has ever been able to tell me what is wrong. I have extreme back pain and get bad headaches. When it first started, my aunt would tell me to stop it, and I really couldn't. Assuming what your child and I have is the same thing, the most important thing I can say is beleive him! The best way I can explain how it feels is just...being incredibly uncomfortable all day and all night long. Sometimes you just look at it as routine...and sometimes (this didn't happen till I got older, I was 13 when I had the accident) you feel hopeless...like you will be stuck doing this for the rest of your life...and sometimes it just gets downright painful. I cry alot. It's horrible. If you'd like to talk more about this, my email is ***@****
I had this and still suffer from it. After a variety of tests, I was told that my body wasn't processing calcium properly, and so I had calcium deposits in my blood. During puberty, my condition lessen and then returned around the age of 19. After researching this recently with my son (now almost 8 and having worse symptoms than I had), I have found information that the calcium deposits may have positioned in my soft tissues around my bones.

I hope I can find a solution to help save my son from the same pain.
Well, if this is a "habit", it may actually be being produced as a false neurological signal. This sounds like an early-advanced stage of Dystonia.