very emotional 5 year old
Please Help! I have a 5 yr old son who is very emotional. He gets very upset over the littlest thing and cries alot. He is very emotional. He is in pre-k and his teacher said he is "emotionally unstable". She states he gets emotional and they have no clue why. I have been to my peditrician 3 times and he has been evaluated by 3 different therapists who even came to school to watch him. They said its a maturity thing and he should grow out of it! I dont know what to do and I have NO idea how to help him. Academically he is ready for kindergarten next year but his teacher said there is no way he will be able to go to kindergarten next year. His emotions are too immature and she has not seen anyone like this before. What do I do if no one sees a problem but me! i am not sleeping because of this and I am deeply worried that he will not lead a "normal" life and go to regular school. Please help me!!!
RELAX!!!  What does  the teacher call " emotionally unstable' for a 5 yr old?  My 5 year old is in kindergarten and lacks social skills, which makes her somewhat emotional but, in my opinion she is doing fine.  It probably is a maturity thing and he will grow out of it, on his own and at his pace.  From my experience, there is way to much pressure on kids these days to " be normal".  My question is what is normal?