Child Behavior Expert Forum
vomiting at bedtime

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

vomiting at bedtime

my 9 month,for the last 2 weeks,started vomiting at bedtime she has the same schedule,after she wakes from her last nap around 7pm,drinks a bottle of formula,then have a little meal,arround 9:30 bath time, play for half and hour then, bedtime drinks like 5 oz of formula,and fall sleep ,but around 30 minutes later she starts crying and then vomit,after clean the crib, and bath her again,drinks her bottle and fall sleep,all night.
I dont know if the bath interrupts her digestion or what Im doing wrong? That never happened before During day time, dont have a problem with her naps or feeding.Its just night time when I have this situation
Thanks.leelee.
Two things in your description stand out. She is napping late in the day, and you might want to change that pattern. Second, she is having a lot to eat between when she wakes up around 7:00 and then goes to sleep arounf 9:30. My guess is that the vomiting is due to excessive food/formula intake. What do you think?
Something I would like you to consider is this:

I have a 2 year old daughter, and in October we all got a serious stomach flu. My older daughter and my husband stopped vomiting after a couple of days, but my younger daughter didn't. It was only at night, but every night, or every other night for weeks she would wake up vomiting.

She looked terrible and was losing quite a bit of weight for a 2 year old. During the day her appetite and behaviour were normal, but at night she would wake up vomitting. She would vomit until we brought her downstairs to the main floor (all the bedrooms were upstairs), at which point she may vomit one more time, then she'd be done for the night.

We tried EVERYTHING, doctors kept telling us it was a virus, but we couldn't figure out why only at night?

It turns out that there was mold in the basement. The furnace was kicking on and throwing the spores up into her room, making her sick (she had been allergy tested when she was younger, and tested allergic to mold as well as her main "trigger", oranges). We were packed up and moved within a week, during which time we kept the furnace off at night, and had no more problems.

Maybe look for a source of something that could be irritating her at night?

Good Luck, I know how upsetting it can be.

Christine
Oh, I'd like to add that, the reason she wouldn't vomit during the day, or downstairs on the main level of our home was because that was where both doors were.

We smoke, and we smoke outside our home, so the door was constantly being opened when we went out to smoke, or when we let the dog out, circulating the air enough  that she wasn't suffering the effects of the mold.

Christine