Child Behavior Community
weird sexual behavior in my 2yr old daughter

This patient support community is for discussions relating to child behavior, discipline (behavior management), parent-child communications, and social development.

my 2 1/2 yr old daughter has put great fear into my heart by doing weird sexual things she shouldnt know for her young age..i was sexually abused as a child by my step father and feel im too traumatized to come to a conclusion of whats happening if its normal or not now i live with my boyfriend  whos not her biological father but has raised her since she was 1 yr old automatically i think its him because reality is if there is something goin on then it cant be anyone else hes te only one whos ever alone with her..I once woke up to her making strange sex sounds and caught her straddling a teddy bear as if she were riding the toy when i asked what she was doin she simply responded ahh ahh...on another ocassion i was giving her a shower and she told me "he ate my tities" i asked who daddy and she said yes so i asked again who mommy and she said yes she said yes to every1 i mentioned so i really dont know when shes tellin da truth she doent understand quite yet..after i shower her i always check her to make sure everything is ok and i also sit down and talk to her and ask her things but get no where since she just says yes to everything. because of what i went through as a child i dont feel mentally stable to determine if its just her descovering herself or if its not normal i asked a close friend and she also thinks its not normal...also my daughter visits my mom on weekends and my mom says shes noticed weird sexual behavior and my brother as well and i never mentioned anything to my mom because i feel she also isnt prepared since she dint handle my situation as a child correctly..my brother once scolded her for these weird things because he was playing with her and she randomly touched her private part as if trying to tell him to touch it my brother is a father and rapidly questioned me on my boyfriend i dont know what to think anymore i feel so helpless i dont want to put my daughter through anything like what i went throug but i dont wanna acuse anyone either...... please help its bothering me terribly im at the end of the rope here
I think you need to call your daughters pediatrician ASAP and tell them your concerns - just that your daughter is showing some unusual sexual behaviors - be specific in your descriptions of these behaviors - and for that matter - it might help you mentally also to write down what it is your daughter says or does and when she does it - I have found that sometimes we as mothers make things seem worse than they are - if you see it in black and white you will have something to really tell your doctor and you can really see how much (or how little) something is actually happening -
hope that helps :)
Take your child to the Doctor and ask him to examine her, tell him what  she has said and do not leave the BF alone with her,till you know what is going on, protect your child it does sound strange for a very young child to behave in this way,she has told you so speak to the Doctor and believe her.
sometimes pedophiles go for single mothers to have access to their children. you might want to consider not living with your boyfriend anymore. has she seen you having sex with your boyfriend, maybe she is copying that.

where is your daughter's birth father. is he in the picture at all? if so consider getting back with him and giving your daughter a safe family situation. your brother sounds like he has common sense. is your stepfather still around? if so your daughter shouldn't be staying with your mom.

good luck, please write back
1st thanks for the advice i did schedule an appointment with her doctor in Newyork that usually means a social worker will be involved which im kind of glad about because im sure they deal with things like this all the time and woukd know how to approach her better then i would..Her real father has never been in her life he left when i was only 7 months pregnant with her my BF has been there since day one and she knows no other father but him..i also am 4 months pregnant and have another 7 month old son with my BF i dont think hes capable of such thing especially to such a loving and caring babygirl but then again you never really know a person the way u think u do..i trusted my stepfather also who also raised me from age 4 to 12 when i finally got the courage to speak up. i havent heard from him in about 5 yrs and would never in a million yrs allow my child or anyone elses near him not even for a second.i hope that what im thinkin is not true..but i kind of lied to my boyfriend and told him i already took her to be seen by her DR and the whole time i was at the seemed a bit too concerned..when i told him why i worried his only response was.."shes in school all day"  shes only been in school a week and this happend before school..I want and need to know the truth of whats goin on...im afraid and im angry that im in this position especially when my BF knows all about my past..i hate this .
Well i hope that you can find out what is going on with your daughter and keep her safe. and all your kids. i really like a radio talk show lady called Dr. Laura. she gives great advice and i recommend you call her for advice too. she talks to all sorts of people and has lots of experience.

good luck.
I would also read a lot of the other posts on this site.  Little kids do a lot of weird things (at least by our standards) and its kind of normal for them to go through this process.  I can certainly understand the uncertainty you are going through.