weird thing to say
My 4 year old son said that he didn't want to get married. He then said he was going to marry a man.  Does this mean he could be gay?  He has never said or done anything to suggest this, except this.  He is quiet at school, but makes friends and is quite loud at home.  I don't care if a person is gay, but I guess when I think it may be my son, I do worry.  The teasing, the not fitting in, etc.  I don't believe anyone wants their kids to be gay.  Why would they want to make their children's lives harder.  What do you think?  Perhaps, I am overreacting and I know sometimes kids say sill things.  A kid I know said she wanted to be a pony when she grows up or marry her mommy.  Any input would be appreciated.  thanks
I think you are over-reacting.   I think kids at this age only know that they want to hang out with girls or boys; some prefer either but I find that most prefer to play to with others of the same sex, so wanting to marry one at this age is just a thought.  Just like wanting to marry his mommy :-).  Next month he may want to marry a muppet, you just never know.  I don't think as parents that we know what sexual orientation our kids will be until they actually start "liking" and "crushing" on others.  But like you said, doesn't matter who they like as long as they know you love them no matter what.  
Hey I wouldn't be too worried yet I mean with anyone there is a chance that they are gay.  No big deal to me I feel the same way I don't want it because of societies views not mine but I love my children no matter what.  We agree on that.  Here is the thing tho your son is at the age where "girls have cooties" so I wouldn't be too concerned at this point.  I mean if it continues for the next several years than yeah he probly is gay but at 4 I wouldn't be too worried.
Thank you for all your thoughts.  I feel a lot better, but I still worry.  We only want the best for our kids.  And I know all kids are different.  I know a five year old girl who has these little crushes on boys already, but when questioned, she will blush and get very angry.  And I know young boys think girls are yucky..................thanks again.  It is very nice to have honest input from parents.  I greatly appreciate it...............