Child Behavior Expert Forum
why is my two year old getting on top of me and humping me?

This forum is for questions and support regarding child behavior issues such: Child Discipline (behavior management), Normal Child Development, Parent-Child Communications, Social Development

My two year old is getting on top of me and humping me and humping others legs and acting sexual what does this mean???? I am going though a divorce and she is over my husbands half of  time and there are other kids and she goes to day care.
It often surprises people that very young children experience pleasant physical sensation in their genital area. This is not sexual in the sense that adults think of sexual, so it should not be construed as that. Remember: young children are, by nature, egocentric and pleasure-seeking. Sometimes people who have been mistreated as children tend to regard behavior as sexual when really it is not. Children are not 'small adults'. And at times children display the very behavior you describe and not in the context of being mistreated. So keep a level head, keep your eyes and ears open, and trust your instincts. A relaible way to gauge things is to regards how your daughter is doing overall - is her mood OK, is she eating and sleeping well, does she appear to be developing in a normal fashion and is that the sense that her pediatrician has. So, do you dismiss the behavior? No. But there is no cause for an alarmed or hysterical reaction to the behavior. Maintain your equanimity.
On the face of it, all it means is that she enjoys the sensation. I take it you might be wondering if anything amiss is occurring. The beahvior itself doesn't indicate that anything is wrong, but it's important to be alert to possible mistreatment.
I usually wouldnt even write on boards like these, but your post was very alarming. I dont have a degree yet but am studying child psychology and the signs your child is showing are definently ALARMING! As a women myself who was molested at the tender age of 4 im very concerned for your child. The utter ignorance of the so called "DOCTOR" who answered your question is disgusting! I would like to know what university gave him a degree. NO 2yr old would like the sensation of anything sexual she is too young to enjoy sexual things. Im glad you are concerned and looking for help. But leave the internet alone and speak firmly with your husband and anyone else who has encounters with your child. I was molested for years by my own family member and years later by my father who is still married to my mother so its perfectly possible something is going on, and I never said a thing and I was anti-social, depressed, and a very angry person because of that, and never liked my parents because of that. So please, please, please, figure out what is going on, before it affects her mentally. I wish you the best of luck