Child Nutrition Expert Forum
3 month old not gaining enough weight

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

3 month old not gaining enough weight

My daughter was born on 2/2/09 at 9 lbs 22.5 inches.  I breastfeed her and she gained very well the first month.  After that she gained only a pound a month, and now it seems like she's only gaining 2 ounces a week, so that her weight gain is slowing.  She seems to have reflux, and I have tried zantac, but it doesn't seem to help.  I've seen a lactation consultant and neither her latch nor my supply seem to be problems.  She sleeps often and it's hard to rouse her to eat.  In the early afternoon, she begins to refuse to eat and eats only sparingly.  I've tried supplementing with formula but she refuses this, and does not do well with the bottle in general.  Next week I have to return to work and she is going to daycare.  Because she doesn't like the bottle, I'm worried she'll lose even more weight.  I've seen 3 pediatricians, and each recommended formula supplementation.  This is not working.

What else can I go to try and get her to eat?
Is your child male or female?
:  
Female
What is your child's height?
:  
25 inches
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
12.6