Child Nutrition Expert Forum
5 year old pooping pants daily - 1 to 4 times a day.

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

My 5 year old daughter has had problems over the last year holding her poop in and then pooping 2-3 days later sometimes in her pants and sometimes in the toilet if we could catch it, which is a very large bowel movement. We were advised to put her on Miralax, which has softened her stool but now with her being in Kindergarten she has started pooping 1-4 times a day in her pants. I have tried everything, discipline at first (which I don't think it's her fault), to reward programs for going in the toilet to conversations about why we do it. When I ask her why she does this she says she can not make it in time, she can't feel it, or someone will take her spot or she can't find the bathroom or teacher, or just I don't know. I am not sure what to do, she listens to me talk about this with others and then when it happens and I ask her why she didn't use the toilet she repeats back things I have said to my mother or boyfriend. So I don't really know if what she says is really why or not. I am wondering if this could be a medical problem or pyschological issue. I am not sure what to do it is getting worse every day more frequent and just more. I have had many conversations with her school and talked with an advise nurse and I am told it happens, it's probaly anxiety or something and I feel horrible about it and I know my daughter does too. Please help.
Is your child male or female?
:  
Female
What is your child's height?
:  
42"
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
40
Please ask your question in the Child behavior forum. Thank you.