Child Nutrition Expert Forum
7 months and won't take anything but a bottle

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Hi There,

My daughter won't take anything besides a formula bottle. I've tried and tried to get her to eat fruits, veggies and cereal (baby jar food). She will not try anything. I've tried giving it to her at different times, before her bottle, a little while after her bottle... Nothing helps. Every time I am able to get a spoon in her mouth she spits it right back out!
I'm at my wits end! I have no idea how to get her to eat.
Do you have any suggestions, tips, or wisdom that might help?

Thanks!
Suggest just giving her the bottle for another month and at 8 months start introducing to her finger foods. Let her eat with her fingers regular food cut up in small pieces. The formula will give her what she needs until she is a year old. She should be drinking 6-8 ounces of formula 3-5 times a day to receive the nutrition she needs to grow. Hoped that helped you.