Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Afraid to eat solid food

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Afraid to eat solid food

My daughter stopped eating solid food four days ago. We took her to the doctor and she was examined, but everything was fine. It started 2 weeks ago when she thought she was choking, since then she would chew and eat most of her food, but occasionally she would start crying and spit it out. Now she won't eat any solid food. When she tries, it is a small amount and she will chew and start crying and spit it out. She tells me there is something in her throat and complains of an upset stomach. I am giving her pediasure, yogurt mixed with milk, and broths. What can I do? What should I give her until this passes, if it does?
Is your child male or female?
:  
Female
What is your child's age?
:  
4 1/2
What is your child's height?
:  
40 inches
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
36 lbs
Please check your other question. Thank you