Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Cant keep anything down.

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Cant keep anything down.

My son is 7 mnths old since he was 5 weeks old he has not been able to keep anything down. Dr cant figure it out he has been on every kind of formula u can think of. He has did a baramatic swallow ( which is where they watch him drink a bottle and see were it goes). He has done sonograms of his stomach. Had us add cereal to his formula hes been on previcid and zantac we feed him sitting up, he sleeps 45 degrees elevated we keep in a sitting up position either in a walker or holding him for a hr or 2 after feedings, i dnt know what to do for him. Does anyone have any ideas i can run by his dr? The other weird thing is he holds it in for about 2 or 3 hrs then it all comes up. Its like its not digesting. Please any help im so tired of seeing him suffer! He cant even keep his baby food down its horrible i feel so sorry for him please help me. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
7 mnths
What is your child's height?
:  
28 inches
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
13 lbs
You are doing all the right eating positions to help him. Suggest trying another medication. Feed him more frequently with less food which may help the stomach digest.
Yes mam, we tried feeding him less more often and it didnt work, and i thought they told me we have tried all the acid reflux meds. We have did Zantac, Previcid and one other i cant remeber the name of it. Any other ideas?