Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Child losing weight now
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Child losing weight now

My daughter just had her 18-month appointment. She was 22 pounds at her 15 month appt. and in the 50 percentile. She dropped dramatically at this last appt. She is now 21 pounds 9 ounces. She didn't appear to grow in height either. She was not walking very well at her 15 month appt. and now she is very active. Could this weight loss be due to her active level? She eats extremely well. In fact, she eats better than her almost 4 year old sister. She also drinks a ton of whole milk. And from all appearances she is very happy and healthy. She has a constant runny nose (that is clear at this time) but that doesn't seem to bother her and it seems most children have a runny nose at this age. Her pediatrician wants to see her in 3 months for another weight check and I was fine with that until some medical friends starting suggesting a cystic fibrosis test. Please tell me what you think?