Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Could diet be a problem for outbursts of anger and frustration?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Could diet be a problem for outbursts of anger and frustration?

I am having issues with food. My oldest daughter -age 7 was a good eater ( up to 18 months old) but has become an EXTREMELY picky eater since then. She has also lost interest in things she used to eat last year.  She DOES NOT eat veggies and if I attempt at trying there is always a tantrum or crying which disrupts dinner or whatever meal we are eating. I basically cook 2 meals. My youngest daughter (almost 6) eats everything my hubby and I eat. I am now thinking that her behavior has something to do with sugar intake. We limit what she eats as far as sugar but the things she only eats have sugar. Cereal, waffles, w syrup, vanilla yogurt, mac and cheese, Pasta ( rarely with red sauce), Peanut butter on wheat Bread, chicken breast -grilled or chicken fingers. The only fruit she'll eat are green apples and green grapes. She'll eat corn but that is a starch- so not that much nutrition there. No potatoes but will have fries.

She is on carbo load and I need some advice...she get's angry and is VERY stubborn. Thanks for any advice.
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's height?
:  
44"
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
43 pounds