Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Does not like any foods

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Does not like any foods

Why my son doesn't like to eat since he was turn 2 years old? It is 1 week already my son changes his mode of eating. He just drink milk and water. I worried a lot becuase he was lost his weight much.
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
2 years old
What is your child's height?
:  
82 cm.
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
9.897 kg
From your measurements, his weight and height are below the 5th percentile for his age. It is frustrating when your child has no interest in food. He is either not feeling well, children usually loss their appetites when they are ill, or he is in the ‘picky’ eater stage. Some children from age 1+ years old start to become picky eaters. If he is sick, then suggest bringing him to your Doctor to be treated. Since he drinking milk you can add ice cream to it as a milkshake (milk, fruit, and ice cream blended) or yogurt smoothies (yogurt, fresh fruit, and frozen fruit) in place of milk so he is getting calories and protein to grow. Suggest giving him the milkshakes or smoothies in place of milk at each meal. Suggest give him daily a children’s chewable multi-vitamin due to him eating habits. The most important is to relax at meals. You do not want mealtimes to be a battle of the wits between your child and you. Remember meals need to be joyous for you and him. Sometimes it takes 5-9 times to introduce a food that they will accept, however, if they do not want it you have to not make a fuss and let it go. Give him the food he likes. Hoped this helped you.