Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Eating Phobia

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Eating Phobia
My daughter had strep throat back in March and had a gagging incident around the same time. She was in fear of eating for about a month. She would only eat soft foods (yogurt, pudding, liquids, pediasure) she snapped out of it after a month, but now 4 months later she  is acting the same way and she tells me she is scared of eating. She is scared she is going to choke. She goes to school and goes all day without eating, she only sips on milk. I am not sure what caused this phobia to come back...she has always been a picky eater and now this has made it worse...I have taken her many times to see her pediatician and they say she is healthy. I am frustrated with her eating habits....will she ever grow out of it?
Suggest having her chewing and swallowing abilities evaluated by a speech therapist. They may help the situation. Thank you for your question.
Have you heard of Juice Plus? They have chewables (like gummy bears) that give you 17 servings of fruits and vegetables. Its not a vitamin, its whole food. Give it 3 weeks and you'll be suprised at the way the body functions when recieving full nutrition. This along with plenty of water will do the trick, message me if your interested and want more info at ***@****