Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Eating crayons

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Eating crayons

I have a 4 yr old that is eating and swallowing crayons. She said she knows they are not food but doesn't know how to stop eating them. Is there some kind of mineral or nutrite deficinay that you can think of that she might be lacking? She has some other issues( possible OCD and anxiety)  which this could be part of but thought I would check this first. She used to crave ice but is much better about it now. Thanks for your help.
I suggest you have your daughter be checked out by her MD and let him know she is eating crayons. I would check that the crayons are not harmful if swallowed.