Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Eye eczema

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Eye eczema
My baby was EBF until 6 months of age and took a good month to really get into solid foods. I BF on demand and feed her 3 meals a day. She eats everythi g I give her...mainly fruit, Vegg, cereals and meat on occasion. Over the last 6 week she has developed eye eczema that has progressively getting worse. I use hypoallergenic everything on her and eliminated wheat and nothing seems to be helping. I've been given a cream to use but feel like Its just a band-aid and I néed to figure out what's causing this. Just wondering what are sow common causes of eye eczema and if her low weight is possibly related.
From your measurements, her weight is just above the 5th percentile for her age. Common triggers of Eczema is usually detergents, soap, and perfumes. The recommended treatment for eye eczema is cream (watch it does not get into the eye) and start it at first signs of the symptoms to prevent vision damage. If you still concerned, suggest seeing a dermatologist. Thank you for your question.