Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Feeding habits
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Feeding habits

Hi, I am a first time mom. I don't know where I went wrong but my baby will only eat when he is in sleep. He can not eat when he is awake , that too only 3-4 oz ... It's really getting tougher and tougher . And while eating in sleep he makes clicking sound... I am really concerned how can I change his habit and what will happen when he will grow up to the solid food or when he will be sleeping less how will I feed him ??
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
3 months
What is your child's height?
:  
25 Inches
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
12 lb
267079_tn?1195146570
As per your measurements, his weight is on the 25th percentile which is normal for his age. Feeding guidelines for a 0-3 month old is breast milk or infant formula (2-4oz per feeding)  for 8-12 times a day. After 4months you can try infant cereal (2-4 tablespoons mixed with formula or breast milk) 1-2 times a day. If he is taking 3-4ozs per feeding while he is awake, that is a good intake for 3 months. Do not recommend feeding while he is sleeping due to risk of choking and gas build-up. Infants need to burp at all feedings.  Feed more enough during the day for him to get the proper amount of nutrients daily. Thank you for your question.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979