Feeding solids and bottle

My 5 month old baby has for months refused the bottle completely. I'd like to stop breastfeeding because it causes me a lot of stress because of my competitive dance career. Too much exercise = less milk. She was half on breastfeed and half on bottle for the first 1.5 months, but then when I started producing more milk, she dropped the bottle and we have not been lucky at all offering the bottle ever since. She gets very upset if we try. We've tried different people giving the bottle, different all available teats on the bottles and nothing works.

We tried solids, but potato, carrot, mango and baby porridges all cause a lot of belly issues for her so I think we'd need to wait a little longer with this.

As a result of being only on breastmilk, this good sleeper has started to wake up recently 5-15 times per night when a month ago it was once a night and sometimes sleeping through.

I'd like to get her on something else, whether it's formula or solids, than just breastmilk so it would be a lot less stress for me.

I'm out of options of what to try. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.
As a guideline for a 6  month old child should eat the following: Breast-milk or Formula (6-8oz) 3-5 feedings a day. Starch 2 feedings a day – Infant Cereal (2-4 Tbsp), Crackers (2), and Fruits or Vegetables 1-2 feedings a day – (3-4 Tbsp). Suggest giving her yogurt, cottage cheese, and strained meat/chicken for calcium and protein to supplement the infant formula she is not taking in a bottle. Suggest giving her the infant formula in a ‘sippy’ cup and see if she will accept it in that manner. Hoped this helped you.
Hi Renee,

Thank you very much for your reply and advice. We will go to a hospital's children's ward next week as we have had a little luck with solids and absolutely no luck with any form of drinking apart from breast feeding. She won't take formula from a bottle, sippy cup or a beaker. We'll receive professional advice next week so that I think will be a good thing for us.

Thank you again very much for your advice.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Comprehensive info on 720K doctors.
Complete reviews, ratings & more.