Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Frighteningly Bland Eater

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Frighteningly Bland Eater

First off this isn't my son, it's my boyfriend and I'm extremely worried for him. I have always loved food myself, and enjoy cooking new dishes. It is difficult however when that means preparing a seperate meal for my boyfriend who only eats a handful of things (the FULL list being most any cheese/noodle combination, pizza with little to no sauce, canned corned beef, garlic or cheesy bread, chips, milk chocolate & peanut butter, and very rarely scrambled eggs or fast food burgers & fried chicken-never homemade). There is not one single fruit or vegetable that he will eat. I have tried threatening him with no longer cooking his meals, I have tried bribing him, I have tried expressing to him how much it hurts and worries me that he doesn't take care of himself. NOTHING works. The closest thing I have gotten to giving him some nutrients is boiling vegetables for myself and cooking pasta in that same water after the vegetables have been removed of course. He just doesn't like textured foods at all only mushy things, and vibrant colors are only acceptable if they are processed. Please help, his father died of a heart attack and I fear I will lose him the same way.
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
18
What is your child's height?
:  
5"11
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
135-140
Unfortunately teenagers at times have unhealthy eating habits which you can lead by example by eating healthy yourself which seems like you do. Sometimes when they go to college or on their own, they start to try 'healthier' food. In the meantime you just have to let him eat what he wants and not make a fuss about it. Suggest giving him a daily multi-vitamin to help him get the vitamins and minerals he would normally get from consuming fruits and vegetables. Hoped this helped you.