Child Nutrition Expert Forum
G tube for my daughter?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

G tube for my daughter?

My otherwise healthy six year old has been unable to gain any weight since her nissen fundoplication surgery one year ago.  Before the surgery, she was slightly chubby, and now is very thin.  Her bmi has dropped dramatically and now her doctors are very concerned.  We have tried everything the doctor could think of, and are at the point where the doctor is telling us she will probably need a G tube by the end of the summer. We are giving her pancreatic enzymes as a last resort.  The doctors have been unable to find any reason for her failure to gain weight, with the exception of some mild dumping from the surgery.  I don't know if I should seek a second opinion or just go ahead and agree to the GTube. Any suggestions?
Is your child male or female?
:  
Female
What is your child's age?
:  
6 yrs 6 months
What is your child's height?
:  
48 inches
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
45 pounds