Child Nutrition Expert Forum
He has stopped eating and is losing weight

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

My son had a fever a few days ago, and during that time he would not eat anything or drink much.  I took him to a pediatrician but nothing wrong was discovered.   He has always be an picky eater and for the past year he was mostly drinking milo (a coco drink).  The fever is gone, but he still wont eat anything, he is drinking more liquids now, but I feel something is wrong as he looks so thin.

What can I do to get him to eat? or What may be wrong with him?
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
2
Most children when they are sick, their appetites decrease. You stated his fever is gone and he is drinking more which his appetite is increasing. You did not state his weight or height so I am unable to assess his nutritional status. As a picky eater, it is important that mealtime does not become a battlefield of the wits. You will be surprised if you relax and let it all go, after a while he may eat and try new foods. Try to introduce some food (one item at a time) to him. If he refuses, then do not become upset and let him eat what he wants. Let it go. Try again after a few months. Sometimes it takes 5-9 times to introduce a food to a child that they will accept. Hope this helped.