Child Nutrition Expert Forum
How can I get my son to eat more foods?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How can I get my son to eat more foods?

I have a 23 month old son.  He's always been in the 90th + percentile for his weight.  For the past 6 months he has been extremely picky.  Lately he will only eat chicken nuggets, yogurt, fruit snacks and occasionally waffles.  He will not eat vegetables or fruit, which he used to eat. He will drink juice and only vanilla flavored milk.  If I put any food in front of him that are not those listed above, he will look at them and push them away.  He's gone to bed several times without eating dinner.  The next morning I think he will eat just about anything and he won't.  I'm worred he is not getting enough even though his weight indicates otherwise.  I have been giving him a multivitamin daily.  It has been so frustrating preparing meals for him.  I'm not sure what I should do next.  The pediatrician has recommended giving him what he likes until he is over two and then I will be able to reason with him.  I think if I give him nuggets everyday he will get sick of them and then what will he eat?  Please help!
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's height?
:  
36 inches
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
30 lbs