Child Nutrition Expert Forum
I have a garbage disposal for a son!
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

I have a garbage disposal for a son!

My son is an average 1rst grader. He loves to play outside and is very active. He is on the larger size for his age. He has a normal appitite and rarely gives us problems eating, but thats the problem! He eats everything! Small toys, pencils, garbage off the floor, he doesnt care what it is it goes in his mouth! We've caught him in the catbox at 4 yrs old! His teachers at school have been noticing this. At first we said he'll grow out of it, he hasnt. They are becoming increasingly alarmed by this behavior and its possible effects, ie lead poisoning. What could be wrong with my son and how can we fix this?
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
What is your child's height?
:  
49 in
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
81 lbs