Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Low weight.... how can I get my son to gain weight??
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Low weight.... how can I get my son to gain weight??

My son is 11 months and only weighs 17 lbs. His weight has been a struggle since his first couple months of life. We have tried many different kinds of formula, and even various tricks such as concentrated formula, oil and butter in his foods and so forth. Just recently the doctor has suggested the use of pediasure. He is still not taking enough to gain weight.... He eats about 4 jars of baby food, and roughly 10 ounces of milk during the day. He takes to the food significantly better than his milk, but we keep stressing the milk. He is very busy, but still has yet to walk. If you have any suggestions we would appreciate it as we are at a loss for ideas and desperate for our son to gain weight and become healthier. What can we give him that is solid and higher in fats??
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
11 months
What is your child's height?
:  
27 1/2 inches
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
17 lbs. 11 oz.