Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Mucous production in stomach

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Mucous production in stomach

Our 14 month old son is fed via g-tube.  He has delayed mylination of the corpous collosum.  He stopped feeding orally at about 7 months with no explanation.  He vomits about 6-7 times a day but the vomit is very thick and mucousy.  A fundo is in discussion now but the main concern is that he chokes violently on the mucousy vomit.  The mucous also appears when his stomach is vented by the tube.  The liquid is at times very thick and stringy in the tube.  I guess my question is can this mucous be produced in the actual stomach or must it be coming from somewhere else.  If it is produced in the stomach what might be the causes and how should we address our doctors regarding this matter?  My apologies if this is too vague.  We have been seeing so many doctors here in San Diego and other than the mylin issue...there are no answers.  Thank you for your time.
Randy Rauser
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's height?
:  
30 inches
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
22lbs
Sorry to ask you a question. What type of tubefeed are you using for your son? Thank you.