Child Nutrition Expert Forum
My 20month old Dont Eat Much

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

My 20month old Dont Eat Much
My Son Is 20Months And Really Dont Eat Much. He Plays With His Food Or Give It To The Dog. He Eat About Twice A Day
As per your measurements, his weight is just below the 10th percentile for his age. He may need to learn how to chew and swallow food. Some children just do not know how to do it and need to be taught. They need to learn how to chew and swallow food properly; it is not really an instinct behavior like sucking. Has he been evaluated on how to chew food? If not, then suggest getting him evaluated, by going to your MD, and start therapy so he can start to eat regular food. In the meantime, suggest giving Pediasure in place of milk at all meals/snacks in his sippy cup so he will have additional calories and protein. Hoped this helped you.