Child Nutrition Expert Forum
My 3 year old will not eat
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My 3 year old will not eat

My son just turned 3 and we have an ongoing problem with his food intake. I'm writing today and I am desperate since he has not been eating for about 3 days. He'll take a bite here and there but I do mean a bite. He has never beer a really good eater but not I'm getting really concern since I can see him loosing weight. I've been asking his pediatrician and all I'm getting is that children go though these stages and he'll eat when he is hungry but it's been 3 days and I do not see any changes.
I read about giving kids ice cream and Pediasure. He will probably eat ice cream but does not like any flavored milk or shake drinks. By giving him ice cream I feel guilty because of the sugar he gets and I can skip any other kind of food, he won't even look at it after having ice cream.
My son underwent open heart surgery when he was 5 days old (TGA) but he's been doing very well heartwise so It's not heart related but It does concern me that because of that he might need more calories then other kids his age. I worry that he just doesn't get enough nutrition for proper development. What else can I do for him?????

Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
30 lbs