Child Nutrition Expert Forum
My child hates all food
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My child hates all food

My 14 month old is absolutely disgusted by food. He hates anything and just about everything. Even food that he used to love like oatmeal or potatoes. He refuses anything that is not completely mashed down or pureed. He refuses new food, and lately has been refusing everything. He has always been a picky eater but it has become more then just being picky. Food disgusts him, i feed him oatmeal every morning and he constantly spits and gags in disgust. He will not feed himself. He will not eat anything he has to chew. He refuses any drink other than warm milk. Will not drink out of a sippy cup. Hates any type of sweet. It has become a battle to feed my child and this is quite frustrating. His eating habits are yet to show in his weight as he is a healthy 25.6 lb baby, born at 9.1. How do i teach my child that food is good? That trying new food is fun and exciting? I'm at my wits end and have tried everything i can think of to get him to eat. What do i do next?
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
14 Month
What is your child's height?
:  
2'7
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
: