Child Nutrition Expert Forum
My child won't swallow meat
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My child won't swallow meat

Hello I'm a little bit frustrated.  My child has always been a trouble eater.  I wont say "picky eater" because he looks like he doesn't like food at all.  He eats because he has to, or I make him.  Everytime that he puts something in his mouth he will make this face that he really doesn't like it.  But he would start to chew.  If is meat what I'm giving him, specially chicken or pork he will chew it and chew it and keep chewing it until there's a dry paste inside his mouth and wont swallow it.  I may be a bad mother but I won't let him put it out of his mouth until is gone, because I don't want him to keep doing this.  So I itty bitty piece of chicken can take him as long as 15 minutes to chew and swallow.  This is breaking my patience because by that time we have all eaten and are ready to leave the table but he is just starting his meal.  He won't eat pasta because the same thing happens.  If it was for him he could survive in Peanut butter and Jelly Sandwiches and pancakes.   Also every time that he has eaten mashed potatoes he has puke them.  And I wait probably 4-5 months until i re-introduce them again and every time he will puke them as soon as they touch his mouth.   I don't know what to do and I'm getting to the end of my rope.  Please help.
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
Almost 4
What is your child's height?
:  
3ft
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
42lbs