Child Nutrition Expert Forum
My daughter has a big tummy

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

My daughter has a big tummy

My husband and I are thin, our daughter is in her average height and weight for her age, she is healthy but her tummy is extremely big compare to the rest of her body, her tummy very stick out like a beer belly, the measurement of her tummy is same as my waist measurement 24 inches, I don't think this is normal, her tummy seems like getting bigger and bigger week by week, but she doesn't seem to get taller, is it something wrong with her? What should I do?
Is your child male or female?
:  
Female
What is your child's age?
:  
9
What is your child's height?
:  
126cm
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
28kg
Her weight is just below the 50th percentile and her height is above the 10th percentile for her age. Suggest increasing her physical activities (dance, play, and sports) to help tone up her body but not lose weight. If you are still concerned, have a Doctor check her.