Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Need to increase weight

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Need to increase weight

I married my first cousin.Now we have a baby.Her weight is only 2.80 kg.Her weight too lower than another baby.Now how I will increase my baby weight.Please advise
Her weight is below the 3rd percentile for her age. Infants at this age are recommend to feed only breast milk/ infant formula and infant cereal (rice cereal) so there are not a choice of foods yet. As a guideline for a 3-6 month old child should eat the following: Breast-milk or Formula (6-8oz) 4-6 feedings a day. Infant Cereal (1-2 Tbsp) 1-2 feedings a day. If you are breastfeeding, suggest pumping to see if you are producing enough milk, if not then supplement with infant formula as the amounts above. Hoped this helped you.