Needong help
My child is 220 lbs and only 9 years old now we are losing weight but she is not taking this seriously and when she goes to her dad's or a friend's house she is just eating what she want and doing no excuses! I need help what should I do to help her burn this weight of? I dont want to hurt her feelings or make her cry, but she cantlive this way!
Suggest increasing her activities, such as sports, dancing, to help the weight decrease. Limit time in front of the TV/DVD or non-active-video games. There have been studies showing the longer the length of time a child sit in front of the TV, the greater the weight gain. Suggest avoid all high sugar drinks/snacks and try replacing with low fat milk/yogurt or fruit/popcorn. Additional suggestions: cook only low fat meats (chicken, fish, loin of pork) or non-meat sources (soy products, nuts), low fat vegetarian combinations (rice & beans, pasta & beans, low fat cheese & pasta), fat free or low fat dairy products (skim milk, 1% milk, low fat cheese, low fat yogurts, low fat soy milk/yogurt), use plant oils, non trans-fat margarines, and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Eat daily high fiber breads and cereals (oatmeal. Have her help you cook simple healthy foods so she learns how to eat right and weight maintenance is a way of life so she has fun. Hoped this helped you.
Thank you so much we have started using this low fat food and she has been seeing a dietitian and been helping fine! She has been very emotional and I think she has been stinking food! I have some other children and put them also on the same diet! I have got a exercise bike that I have her get on twice a day but as soon as I leave the room or do something she gets off! I'm worried that me pushing her too much so will have a mental break down! I told the dangers of being overweight and showed her pictures of overweight women and told her diabetes and high blood pressure and how scary they are and they a can kill her! The dietitian is helping but I thinking about getting her therapy! I love my baby and it's my fault I let it get this far! Now I have to be the bad guy and take the food away from her! we really need help!