Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Over or underfeedin
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Over or underfeedin

I am a 25 year old single mom. My baby wants feed very often. She feeds for about 5 mins den stop. Little later bout half hour she wants more. My mom wont let me feed my baby. She said the baby feedin too often, she wil dry me up. I have to hide to feed her
Is your child male or female?
:  
Female
What is your child's age?
:  
8 weeks
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
10+
Related Discussions
267079_tn?1195146570
If your measurement was in pounds, then her weight is on the 25th percentile for her age which is normal. For a 2 month infant, it is suggest 8-12 feedings a day, 2-4ozs of breast milk or infant formula per feed. An infant would want to feed all the time if they do not get enough breast milk or infant formula at the actual time of feeding. If she falls asleep as you are feeding, suggest waking her up or change her diaper and then resume feeding. If you are breastfeeding, the longer you feed her at a feeding you will product more breast milk. Hoped this helped you.
Blank
This Forum's Experts
267079_tn?1195146570
Renee RadenbergBlank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank