Child Nutrition Expert Forum
PKU diet
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

PKU diet

I am a second year medical student and I was recently visiting Ukraine and I had a young mother approach me with a question about PKU. Her daughter was diagnosed with PKU at the age of 3, right now she is 11. Unfortunately, doctors were unable to provide family with instructions how to maintain a proper diet, so child was not restricted by any foods. This child is suffering from mental retardation. This family resides in a small village and has very limited financial resources and/or access to medical care.
Could anyone please advise  this family on how to develop a diet for this young girl.
thank you very much for any help or suggestions.

Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's height?
:  
148 cm
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
28kg