Child Nutrition Expert Forum
REFUSAL TO EAT
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

REFUSAL TO EAT

My son refuses to eat, and I'm worried about his mental and physical development.  He will go a whole week drinking nothing but Pediasure at home (for Breakfast, lunch and dinner on the weekends).  During the week, he will eat lunch at the daycare (I'm told sometimes a lot, sometimes very little).  The only solid food he will take in (when he's in the mood) is cookies and chicken nuggets, and on occassion some crackers and cheese.  I see other children eating well, and even snacking (which he doesn't want to do).  On one occassion we were going to a BBQ, and he was extremely ravenous. He was begging to eat and I was so excited about it, but when we arrived,he saw some of his little friends and immediately rushed to play with them. While he was playing I fixed him a plate but when I told him it was ready he told me he wasn't hungry! He didn't eat anything at all but only drank a water and one juice box (for the whole time we were there).  Help please, what am I doing wrong?
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
What is your child's height?
:  
35.3 inches
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
30 lbs