Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Should I be concerned about her appetite?

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

My daughter was 1lb 7oz @ birth. She is now 8 and has managed to outgrow me and her 11 year old sister. My issue with her is that she eats around the clock! There are heart issues that run through her father's side of the family. I encourage her to eat healthy. She loves her ice cream and I have switched it to yogurt. Her doctor has her on a daily stool softener to help regulate her BM. I was informed that she has the potential to be over 6' because of how tall her dad is. Should I be concerned about her growth and eating? My wallet is really suffering right now.
Is your child male or female?
:  
Female
What is your child's age?
:  
8
What is your child's height?
:  
5'1"
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
107
From your measurements both her weight and height are above average for her age. Height is usually genetic and from what you are saying she is following her father's side. It seems her weight is in portion to her height. You can try to have your family and her eat a Heart Healthy diet which is a moderate fat diet. A moderate fat diet means = using polyunsaturated (omega 3, corn oil, nuts, etc) fats and monounsaturated (olive oil, canola oil, peanut oil, etc) fats, no saturated fats (high fat snack foods, butter, fat spreads) and no trans fats. Eat low fat meats (chicken, fish, loin of pork) or non-meat sources (soy products, nuts), low fat vegetarian combinations (rice & beans, pasta & beans, low fat cheese & pasta), low fat and substitute dairy products (1% milk, low fat/fat free yogurts, low fat soy milk/soy yogurt), use plant oils, non trans-fat margarines, and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. Eat daily high fiber breads and cereals (oatmeal). This help your whole family stay healthy. Hoped this helped you.