Child Nutrition Expert Forum
TIPS to getting my 4 year old OFF feeding tube

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

I gave birth to my fist child at 24 weeks and 5 day's 1lbs and 7oz. She had a lot of complication's . When leaving the She was on oxygen, apnea monitor, and gastronomic tube feeding ( aspirated everything she was eating). She had bad reflex and the med' s did not really help. She kept on getting sick with ammonia. So I mad the decision to get her a Nissan and G-tube. The Nissan came undone and she kept on getting sick so I had it redone. She is on a continuous bolus feedings at night and 3 daily  feeding's by gravity. She is so sensitive to volume . She has been in feeding therapy all her life basically.She wretches and gags when taking in anything. She is safe know to have everything but solid food's. I do offer her any food's  but nothing seems to work.Her oral eating is very poor. How can I increase her oral eating ability? Will the Nissan affect any of her ability in the future?
Is your child male or female?
:  
Female
What is your child's height?
:  
39 ins.
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
33 lbs
Have you had her evaluated on her swallowing abilities and oral eating skills? She may need to be taught how to orally eat since she was born very young and has been on a feeding tube most of her life. Suggest getting her evaluated and follow their recommendations.