Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Three year-old picky-eater
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Three year-old picky-eater

My son is just over three years old and as he gets older his eating habits worsen a lot. He used to eat everything I gave him up until he turned 2, and then he started to eliminate more and more items off his menu. At present, he won't touch fruits at all; occasionally he'll have corn on cob or few slices of cucumber; and what worries me the most is that he won't touch potatoes, rice or any noodles. He'll eat a whole wheat bun with a hot dog or hamburger, whole wheat pancakes or multigrain oat toast with jam or cream cheese and that's pretty much it for his carbs. He'll eat breaded chicken, meatloaf, chicken nuggets and fish strips as long as they're dipped in ketchup or ranch dressing and he'll drink plain milk, and he'll usually have a few fries which I bake instead of deep frying. I guess there are a few choices for him but he'll basically eat the meat only, no sides. In the last year he grew almost 4 inches but hasn't really put any weight on and so I'm concerned that maybe he's not getting enough carbs?
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
3 yrs 2mos
What is your child's height?
:  
39.5"
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
32 lbs