Child Nutrition Expert Forum
To much fruit?

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

To much fruit?
This is probably a silly question. Can babies/ children eat to much fruit? My 7 month old daughter has fruit with breakfast, lunch, dinner and 11:00 snack. I'm worried its a bit to sweet for her.
As a guideline for a 6-8 month old child should eat the following: Breast-milk or Formula (6-8oz) 3-5 feedings a day; Starch 2 feedings a day – Infant Cereal (2-4 Tbsp); and Fruits or Vegetables 1-2 feedings a day (3-4 Tbsp). Hoped this helped you.
Children should have a balanced diet. It is important that they have a bit of everything so that they nutrition needs are fulfilled. Londonmummy2012 has given a very helpful break up on what all should be included in the diet. I hope that will help you.