Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Under weight and under eating
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Under weight and under eating

Hello Dr!
My son underweight also under eating

About him:
He avoid solid foods like idly,dosai,rice but love to have only  fruits and milk.
Even though he s active.i felt low for not having food

My Question:
s this enought for 3yrs boy?i wish he wants to change his attitude s this right?
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
3yrs 7months
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
10.6kgs
Related Discussions
267079_tn?1195146570
His weight is just on the 5th percentile for his age. Based on his weight / age, he should be consuming approximately 1600 calories per day as recommended the following; Fruits (limit fruit juices) = 1.5 cups; Vegetables 2 cups; Grains (cereals, breads) = 5oz equivalents; Meat (sub) & beans = 5oz equivalents; Dairy products (milk, yogurt) = 3 cups; Oils = 5 tsp; Additional calories to be used discretionary = 132. This food needs to be divided up between 3 meals and snacks between meals daily. Make sure he is eating a protein food each meal (meat sub, cheese, or yogurt). Since he likes fruit and milk, suggest giving him milkshakes (milk and ice cream and fruit blended)  in place of milk for meals and snacks to help give him additional calories and protein for weight gain. Hoped that helped you.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979