Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Underwieght
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Underwieght

My daughter is 10 1/2 months old. Her doctor said she is in the normal range for height but she is only in the 2nd percentile for weight. she eats a lot! i feed her all the time and always have snacks out for her but she just isn't gaining weight. I am worried her doc thinks im not feeding her but obviously Im more worried something is wrong! When she left the hospital she was small but in the begining she was 23rd percentile and at 6 months it started to slow. first she dropped to the 6th percentile for height and weight then at 8 months it went to 3rd. this time we went in and now she is 2nd and Im really worried. I dont know what to do I have started giving her avacado cause i heard it will plump her up and I offer her food all the time and she eats it but Im at a loss. Her doctor ordered blood tests but they came back normal. What can I do to get my baby to gain weight. She is normal developmentally. she talks walks (using furniture) and everything else a baby should do. Please help.
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's height?
:  
24 inches
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
14 lbs