Child Nutrition Expert Forum
Very Pickey Eater

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Very Pickey Eater

I seem to think that my daughter is under weiht for her age and I'm very concerned.  Her doctor says as long as she is not losing weight, then we should worry. But on my husbands side of the family they are all small framed people, and I'm on the large side. What can I give her to eat that will be packed with calories that will actually hepl he to gain weight. Please help Thanks a very concerned mom.
Tags: Weight
Is your child male or female?
:  
Female
What is your child's height?
:  
37 inches
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
29lbs.
Please state your daughter's age so I am able to assess where she is on the weight and height charts for her age. Thank you.
My daughter is 4yrs.old.
Your daughter is in the 5th percentile for her weight and height for her age so she is not 'off' the chart. I have to agree with her MD, as long as she is steadily gaining weight and growing (even if it is slow) she will be fine. Some children are small and it has to do with genetics. If her appetite is good and she eats her meals, then she is ok.