Child Nutrition Expert Forum
battle between bottle and food
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

battle between bottle and food

My son is 16 months old and still has a bottle when he first wakes up and before bed, but he has days where he only wants his bottle and not solids. Is it something i should be worried about and what can i do to stop him?
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
16 months
267079_tn?1195146570
It is not easy to have your child let go of the bottle. Try it in 2 steps. First step: Not giving him the bottle in the morning, instead give him a sippy cup with milk with the rest of breakfast. During the day for the rest of the meals, suggest only giving him solid foods at first and then add sippy cup with milk towards end of meal. He is 16 months and should be eating with his hands/spoon food cut up small. Step 2: When he finally does not have the morning bottle, you start to work in the night bottle. Suggest giving him a late snack/drink in Sippy cup, just before bed, and read to him while he is in bed. Hopefully the reading will make him go to sleep without using the bottle. It will take time. Hoped this helped you.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979