child constipation
My daughter has had an ongoing struggle with constipation since she was born. It was noticeable when she was 2 months old. We have seen doctors, specialists, and nutritionists in order to figure out why she doesn't go. I've changed her diet with no luck. She will go 4 days without a movement to the point of having to take laxatives, miralax doesn't work, but when she finally goes it's the size of a softball or larger and looks unnatural to release that even from an adult. Any suggestions?
To help with the constipation add fiber to her diet, which is whole grains, fruits, and vegetables. For whole grains, for example: oatmeal for breakfast, whole wheat breads, oatmeal cookies, bran muffins, whole-wheat pasta, and brown rice. Serve fruit and vegetables in any form, raw or cooked. Salads are great if she will eat it. You also need to increase her fluid intake with additional fiber. Fiber is great for increased bowel movements; however, it needs fluids to get through the colon. Suggest you limit rice, bananas and fresh apples. They constipate, however, applesauce and apple / prune juice loosens stool. Have you tried Benefiber for her constipation issue? It is natural and the bowel does not lose its muscle integrity. Just mix it in any food or drink, it is tasteless, consume daily which will help along with the above suggestions. Hoped this helped you.