Child Nutrition Expert Forum
daily diarrhea

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

daily diarrhea

My 10 year old son is a terrible eater.  He is very skinny, partly due to metabolism/heredity, but very active.  Every time he has a bowel movement it sounds like it is full of gas and explosive.  There are always drops and splatters all over the inside of the toilet bowl and under the seat.  He spends a long time in the bathroom at school and the teacher has contacted me about his "stomach issues".  My son complains frequently about his stomach feeling sick, but his appetite is normal and his activities continue, so I haven't taken him to the doctor about this.  He eats his proteins but not many vegetables.  What does his diet need to help bind him up better?
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
Suggest going to his doctor and getting him checked for lactose intolerance (do not have enough lactase enzymes to digest sugar in milk in the stomach) or GI work up due to the diarrhea or very loose bowels he is having every day. Bananas, apples, applesauce, chicken, and rice will help ‘bulk up’ the stool, however, if he is having this issue everyday you need to know why.