Child Nutrition Expert Forum
eating problem

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

eating problem

hi my three years don,t eat . he was a good eater till 20 months old but not now.. he only eat dry bread and dry chapati. he don,t eat veg and lentil or fruit at all. he never been like this before . also eat lots of papper some time try to eat wet mud.my gp said its worm and give him vermox but its not working. i am very stressed pls help me
Is your child male or female?
:  
Male
What is your child's age?
:  
3 year 4 month
What is your child's height?
:  
3 1/2 feet
What is your child's weight (kgs or lbs)
:  
16
His weight is between the 75-50th percentile and his height is above the 95th percentile which indicates his weight is normal for this age and height above normal. At this age some children are too busy exploring the world that they do not want to eat. It is important you relax at meals. You do not want mealtimes to be a battle of the wits between your child and you. Remember meals need to be joyous for you and him. Do not force a child to eat and give them the foods they like. Slowly introduce food and new food, and if he does not want it, do not make a fuss over it. Let it go and enjoy the meal.