Child Nutrition Expert Forum
height issues

This forum is for questions and support regarding child nutrition issues such as: Acne and food, Allergies and food, Balanced Menus, Diabetes, Finicky Eaters, Healthy Snacks, Nutrition, Weight Loss.

To help the Registered Dietitian evaluate your child's nutritional status, please state your child's weight (in kg or lbs.), height, and age in the content of your question.

height issues
sir,mam...

I have girls child aged 16 , her height growth is very slow or can say not increasing now. I very affraid about that.
pls suggest me what to do for her.Suggest me any medicine/drinking powder or anything else.

thanks
From your measurements, both her weight and height are below the 3rd percentile for her age. For her age she should be consuming approximately 1800-2000 calories a day. She may be small in stature due to genetics; however, she is in puberty and females grow until 18-20 years old. Suggest drinking milkshakes at every meal and at snack time for weight gain/growth. Carnation Instant Breakfast, as a milk shake, is the cheapest for extra calories and protein. You can make your own milkshakes (ice cream, fresh fruit or frozen fruit, milk blended together) or yogurt smoothies (yogurt, ice cream, and frozen fruit). She should eat 3 meals a day with snacks between meals too. Hoped this helped you.